Sycamore Police Department
Office: (815)895-3435 | Dispatch: (815)895-2123
We are in the process of rebuilding our website after experiencing technical difficulties. In the meantime, please visit our Facebook page.
Chief Of Police: Donald M. Thomas
To protect those who live, work and travel in the City of Sycamore by employing quality people who work according to best practices in partnership with
those we serve.
To be recognized as a first-rate provider of police services by those seeking our
help; acknowledged as a fierce adversary by those who disregard the rule of law,
and respected by those who work with us in the criminal justice community. We will
provide quality programs and services that:
- Maximize the public safety of each person in Sycamore
- Develop and support quality employees
- Meet the police needs of a growing community
- Effectively manage the department's financial and physical resources
- Organize the agency in the most efficient manner and employ qualified people in
the correct numbers to get the job done effectively and safely.
- Provide quality training to these employees
- Work according to the best practices of nationally accredited police departments
- Utilize state of the art police tools, communications and technologies
- Provide a comfortable and effective facility for our employees
- Seek and act on information from those who live, work and visit in Sycamore
- Continue to improve our community programs.
- Use the Strategic Plan and the Annual Citizens Survey as a basis for the command
staff to develop specific annual goals and objectives for agency programs.
- Hire the right people in the correct numbers, organized effectively and expertly
trained to work according to best practices, using the right tools in a comfortable
and efficient facility in accordance to a carefully budgeted strategic plan.